Autism Service Dogs
- Must be capable of housing the service dog with an adequate living space & have the financial capability of caring for the dog’s needs;
- Have a valid diagnosis of ASD;
- Have a valid medical report confirming the condition (Please download the medical report and Have a recommendation from your doctor.
- Must have an interest in dogs.
- Must be capable of providing the physical needs of a service dog such as exercise.
- Must have a fenced yard or private designated area where the service dog can be off leash;
- Must not have any other dogs at home.
- If you are applying for your child, your child must be at least 6 years of age.
Meeting all the criteria does not guarantee acceptance of the program. The eligibility of a person is also subject to a thorough analysis of the application by the admissions department.
Important Notice Due to the consequences of COVID-19 on our activities and the high volume of requests in the past year, the Asista Foundation is no longer taking new applications for a temporary and indefinite period. We hope to be able to reopen our application process mid 2021.