Specialty Service Dogs
Notice: Please take note that we no not provide any certification services other than our own dogs for a variety of different reasons.
- Must be capable of housing the service dog with an adequate living space and be able to finance it’s regular care for the next 10 years;
- Have a valid diagnosis for your depression/anxiety;
- Have a valid medical report confirming your disability (Please download the medical report and have a recommendation from your doctor;
- Must have an interest in dogs;
- Must be capable of providing the physical needs of a service dog such as exercise;
- Must have a fenced yard or a private space where the service dog can be off leash;
- Must not have any other dogs at home.
Meeting all the criteria does not guarantee acceptance of the program. The eligibility of a person is also subject to a thorough analysis of the application by the admissions department.
Important Notice Due to the consequences of COVID-19 on our activities and the high volume of requests in the past year, the Asista Foundation is no longer taking new applications for a temporary and indefinite period. We hope to be able to reopen our application process mid 2021.